Saturday, August 31, 2013

Guest Blogger- Mom

Guest blogger here! I'm Renee, Charly's mom. I wanted to put all these beautiful pictures on our family blog, and probably still will, but first I wanted to share them with Charly's readers and tell you all how wonderfully talented and inspiring my eldest daughter is. Charly and I go back more than ten years, I was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints when I was pregnant with her. She is cherished. My faith is made stronger because her testimony shines so brightly. She and I had three and a half years together before her little sister was born. I cherish that time, she taught me so much as a gentle and loving little soul. She made me laugh, she made me cry (only happy tears), and touched my heart in such a way that will always be special to me. 

As I was preparing to write in our family blog, I came upon these pictures that she took or her two sisters and I, and my heart felt so full. When I look at these with Piper and Winnie on the screen, I can feel the love a big sister has for her younger siblings. My heart is swelled with pride as I see Charly growing into a warm and gentle loving spirit who wants to love. She is going to make a terrific mother and wife someday. I hope she knows that.














































Just this morning while her daddy lay asleep and I was downstairs sewing, Charly heard Winnie crying and promptly got her out of bed. Winnie loves her! Can you tell? Charly cares so deeply for her sisters, she strives to help them along the way and help them through their struggles. Piper and Charly want to be just like her. Why, just this evening at dinner, Piper mentioned that she was thinking about becoming a vegetarian. She mentioned she would maybe only eat meat on Thanksgiving, something that Charly has said a few times. Charly responds with a smile and encourages Piper to pray about it before she decides, and that it may take a few days to get the answer. Charly- you melt my heart.














































I feel like I hit the kiddo jackpot with these daughters we have been blessed with. When I look at our firstborn, I see a young lady who is slowly trying to come into herself. A young lady who shares a passion for motherhood, and has the testimony to go along with it. What a wise little soul she has at the tender age of 9 1/2. 

Charly, I want you and everyone to know that your faith in me as your mom is humbling.  Often times I see myself as the learner- learning from you. I hope you never cease to feel the love that swells in your heart and the light that radiates from you from having a testimony of our Savior's love. I hope you never forget how incredibly special and talented you are. I hope you always know that dad and I love you with a special kind of love that you will someday come to know for yourself as you find your eternal companion. You are a daughter of God, don't ever forget.  As you continue to grow into a young lady, I look forward to watching you discover who you are and who you were meant to be. You are going to be a caring and beautiful mother someday, Charly. I know that, because I can see it in you already. You were born for this. 

I sure do love you, my little Honey Girl. Always will.

Love- Mom

PS Thanks for the sweet picture you took, you have quite the eye for taking pictures. =)

1 comment:

  1. The apple does not fall far from the tree! You and you Family are Super Souls! I love you oh sooooo much! Peace, love, and many Blessings!

    ReplyDelete