Friday, February 7, 2014

Tennishoes Among the Nephites

I recently read a book called "Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites". Before I read this book my understanding of the Book of Mormon was confusing. "Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites" goes back in time when Nephites and Lamanites were on the earth, this helps me understand better because it brings ancient stories to life, helping me learn the gospel more clearly. Some characters from the Book of Mormon I didn't understand. In some parts of the book they described the characters and what they did, for example some of them are Ammon, Heleman, Hagoth, and Captain Teancum. Ammon was a great missionary and baptized King of the Lamanites, Lamoni. Heleman led 2,000 young men into battle, not a soul died on Heleman's side.  I now have a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon because of the wonderful stories and the great faith they had.  I'm now starting to read the second book.

No comments:

Post a Comment